Groups using West Kirby URC's halls:
During the pandemic, we are only allowed to open our halls to lettings permitted by the government's current guidelines. You are still very welcome to send enquiries though, and we look forward to welcoming you when we can.
- The halls are available for individuals to hire and are popular for children's parties on weekdays and Saturdays (the halls are not available to hire for non-religious purposes on Sundays). For details of what dates are available, email email@example.com.
- Each year, we welcome Study Time to conduct their mock exams in the main hall. Find out more about their tutoring @ www.studytimewestkirby.com.
- In the past, we have also hosted children's dance, drama and other activity groups.
Friendship, Music & Dancing:
- West Kirby Transition Town's Drop-In is held on Tuesdays from 10am to 1.30pm in the halls and includes a hot lunch for guests who would like it. The Drop-In are a registered Place of Welcome, and particularly invite members of the local community to drop-in any Tuesday between 10am and 11.30am for refreshments and chat. Places of Welcome is a growing network of hospitality run by local community groups who want to make sure that everyone has a place to go for a friendly welcome, a cup of tea and conversation.
- The Wirral branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dancing Society meet on Wednesday evenings for an advanced adult social dancing class. For more information, visit www.rscds-wirral.org.uk/classes
- Wednesday Music Group is a small group of musicians who like to play classical and popular music, just for fun. The group meet most Wednesday afternoons at 2:15pm until 3:30pm in the Small Hall. New members are always welcome - no audition required. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wirral Community Orchestra is a non-audition, amateur community orchestra, welcoming players of any instrument or ability or age. The orchestra meet in the hall on Thursday evenings and from time to time play concerts in the church and other venues, often in aid of local charities. Find out more here.
Public Meetings, Lectures & Learning:
- Merseyside Railway History Society are a group of railway enthusiasts interested in the history of local and national railways. The Society enjoy a programme of monthly meetings from September to April each year. Visit their website here.
- 2019-2020 was Deeside Lecture Society's 116th season at West Kirby URC! The Society offer a varied programme with regular meetings from 7.30pm on Thursday evenings in autumn and spring. Find out more here.
- The Welsh Language Class meets on Mondays from 11am-12:30pm in the Grieg Room, upstairs from the hall. The class is intended for those with some prior knowledge of the Welsh language and is led by a Welsh teacher. For details, contact email@example.com.
- West Kirby & Thurstaston Labour Party meet monthly - find out more about their work and news here.
- We also host a variety of one-off public meetings for local organisations.